What is our “Prep Academy Program?”
Prep Academy Program at Carolina Therapy Connection is our NEW Kindergarten Readiness Program!
This program is specifically designed for children ages 3 1/2 – 6 years old using a developmental approach to learning. We know that, as a parent making sure your child is ready to start Kindergarten can be a time of stress. The COVID-19 pandemic has left many parents with feelings of uncertainty and trepidation for their child’s readiness academically, socially and emotionally to start school for their first time. Despite the pandemic, the importance of opportunities to build strong foundational learning skills for school success remains a priority. Carolina Therapy Connection is taking this call to action by starting a fun AND educational program that your child will love and your family can feel excited about!
Where will the Prep Academy Program be held?
The program will be held at Carolina Therapy Connection in Greenville, North Carolina.
How long does the program last?
We will begin on September 6th, 2022 and finish on May 25th, 2023.
What days and times are the program?
The half day program will be every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9:00 AM until 12:00 PM. We will have an early drop-off option for 8:00 AM.
How many spots are available?
For optimal learning, we have 15 SPOTS available.
How do I sign up?
You can sign up using the contact form below. Scroll down to secure your spot and get started!
What sets our Prep Academy Program apart from other programs?
We believe children learn best when they are in a supportive environment that provides personalized learning best suited for them. This all-inclusive program also has an emphasis on speech and motor development, while utilizing a creative curriculum that your child will love. Your child will also benefit from integrated developmental instruction from Carolina Therapy Connection’s team of specialized clinicians, including occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech-language pathologists.
Our experienced team will perform individual & relaxed screenings with your child every 9 weeks to track their progress and growth during the program. This will be followed by personalized caregiver conferences to allow for optimal learning and carryover at home. The components of our program will highlight the following areas of early childhood development.
Academic Skill Development
- Language & Literacy Development – Active listening, vocabulary expansion, communication skills, expressive and receptive language
- Emergent Reading – Functions of print, phonemic awareness, reading behaviors and comprehension
- Fine Motor Development & Writing – Pre-writing and early handwriting skills, age appropriate pencil grasp, scissor skills, letter formation
- Math – Counting, sorting, sequencing, number recognition and formation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Education – Critical thinking skills, problem solving, active learning using creative hands-on experiences, exploration of curiosity
Leadership & Social-Emotional Skill Development
- Development of positive interaction with peers
- Age-appropriate play-based learning (imaginative play, reciprocal play, etc.)
- Turn taking and sharing with others
- Conflict resolution
- Development of emotional intelligence and regulation
- Adaptation to changes and new environments
Daily Living Skills Development
- Building independence with self-care skills
- Morning & evening routines
- Encouragement for sense of self: interests, hobbies & leisure exploration
Who are the leaders of our Prep Academy Program?
Our program director is Becky Taylor, who has over 40 years of experience in the field of education and has successfully operated multiple Sylvan Learning Centers across Eastern North Carolina for 30 years. Alongside Becky is Margaret Harvey, who has over 25 years of experience as an educator and owner of Montessori Today. Our program development assistive director is Cindy Taylor, who is a licensed and registered Occupational Therapist and the owner of Carolina Therapy Connection.
Sign Up HERE!
Fill out the form below and hit submit. Once we have received your information, our staff will reach out to you to get the onboarding process started! Thank you so much and we look forward to beginning this journey with your family!